Communities have long been served by hardware DVR’s (CCTV!) from varying manufacturers with different interfaces, difficulty in central accessibility, inoperability with new browsers/tablets/phones and installers that profit from an overpriced DVR with little to no future support. Similar was said in the past about email, accounting, document management and other key software systems an organization relies on for operation and productivity. Most of these mentioned systems have become cloud-centric whether running a full cloud version or in a limited capacity with some desktop operation.
The ‘Cloud’ is often confused in terms of representation of it simply meaning where data is stored. While that is a key factor is isn’t solely what cloud systems are all about. A cloud system allows for:
- Decentralization & Sharing of Resources: Spread the wealth! Multiple systems from anywhere on the Internet can be combined to make an ideal and customized secure solution to fit any size of organization.
- Centralized & Easy Access: No more having a VPN to access a document or resource. Google Docs, Office 365, Salesforce…..Facebook, LinkedIn; all single point access from any device on the Internet.
- Minimization / Notification of Downtime: Using cloud resources generally reduces downtime and certainly allows for easy notification of changes in the system. Allowing professionals to handle servers, bandwidth, storage and networking helps to limit issues.
- Cost: Allowing physical and personnel resources to be shared allows for lower costs to the end user in terms of dedicated physical and support needs which allow the organization to focus on its core business. It also provides a clean monthly cost for budgeting.
So how does a surveillance system from ControlByNet benefit a community by utilizing the Cloud?
- ControlByNet allows for a consistent browser-based interface across all properties, removing the old-style requirements of many DVR’s and allowing access from any browser, tablet or phone.
- Single Sign-On allows for any location to be accessed from a single point. Executives can view all properties on login, a regional or district manager can view his or her properties and a manager may view his or her community only.
- Systems are automatically updated with feature releases and support for new devices including the latest iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- System support allows for notifications if cameras are inaccessible due to power loss at the community. ControlByNet also builds evidence files as needed and works with police departments to ensure the appropriate video is available.
- ControlByNet is not a hardware manufacturer which means you’re assured a clean, professional easy-to-use web interface allowing simple access to the important video when it’s needed.
Is someone selling you a box? If so, better get a demo and check on future support & upgrades. Don’t require replacement or upgrades in a year. It may be time to evaluate how you plan video surveillance in the organization. Reach out to us at email@example.com and let’s discuss your community. Check out our Star Service: LEARN MORE >>